Tales both true and tall told around a campfire after a long day wrangling cattle have kept cowboys and cowgirls entertained for generations. Baxter Black, a master of this great tradition of the American West, performs May 2 at the Carson Valley Inn in Minden, and you have a chance to win two free tickets, a room at CVI on May 2 and a $50 certificate toward dinner before the show in CV Steak or Katie’s.
To participate, follow @TravelNevada and retweet the following:
Win an eve w/ @BaxterBlack. Follow @TravelNevada & RT to win tix to the May 2 show + a @CarsonValleyInn room http://bit.ly/ZPeizH #PromoNV
The winner will be randomly selected and notified on April 26, 2013 through direct message on Twitter.
And if you still have a hankering for cowboy poetry, check out the Genoa Cowboy Festival, May 3-5 in nearby Genoa. For more on Nevada travel and events, visit TravelNevada.com.
Below are the complete contest rules:
TRAVEL NEVADA CARSON VALLEY INN TWITTER SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
INTERNET ACCESS AND A TWITTER ACCOUNT REQUIRED. TWITTER IS NOT A SPONSOR OF THIS PROMOTION.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Carson Valley Inn Twitter Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington, D.C., 21 years of age or older who have Internet access as of April 11, 2013. Employees and directors of the Nevada Commission on Tourism ("Administrator"), Carson Valley Inn ("Sponsor") their respective subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies, web masters and web suppliers (and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws apply. By participating, all entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules.
2. TO ENTER: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 9:00 AM Pacific Standard Time ("PST") on April 11, 2013 and ends at 12:00 PM PST on April 25, 2013 ("Promotion Period"). The Promotion Period consists of one (1) distinct Sweepstakes Periods. Promotion Administrator’s computer shall be the official timekeeper for all matters related to this Sweepstakes.
To participate in the Sweepstakes, you must have a Twitter account and become a follower of @TravelNevada on Twitter.com.
If you already have a Twitter account, go to http://twitter.com and log on using your Twitter user name and password, then become a follower of @ TravelNevada by searching for “@TravelNevada” clicking on the “@TravelNevada” icon and then clicking the “Follow” button.
If you do not have a Twitter account, go to http://twitter.com and create a Twitter account according to the instructions on the website and then become a follower of @ TravelNevada as directed above. Creating a Twitter account is free. Please note that you must agree to comply with the Twitter Terms of Service in order to create a Twitter account.
Once you become a follower of “@TravelNevada”, you will be required to submit a "Tweet" of one hundred forty (140) characters or less ("Statement"). Statement must be a retweet of the following and include the hashtag “#PromoNV”: Win an eve w/ @BaxterBlack. Follow @TravelNevada & RT to win tix to the May 2 show + a @CarsonValleyInn room http://bit.ly/ZPeizH #PromoNV
Limit one (1) Twitter Entry per person/Twitter account per Sweepstakes Period. Entries must be received by the Sweepstakes Period End Time to be eligible for the applicable Sweepstakes Period. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same Twitter account.
3. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Potential prize winner will be selected periodically in random drawing after Sweepstakes Period from among all eligible Entries received during the corresponding Sweepstakes Period. One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected after Sweepstakes Period.
To be eligible for any Sweepstakes Period, the Statement must be received by the applicable Sweepstakes Period End Time. Any use of micro, automatic, programmed, robotic, or like entry methods will void all such entries by such methods, and entrants using such methods will be disqualified. In order to win a prize, the potential winner must be a follower of @TravelNevada at the time of the random drawing and when the potential winner is notified. The Promotion Administrator will notify the potential winner via Direct Message through Twitter. If a potential winner cannot be reached by Private Message within two (2) days of the first notification attempt, if the @TravelNevada account is blocked from contacting the potential winner via Direct Message, or if a potential winner is found to be ineligible, does not comply with these Official Rules, if prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or potential winner cannot or does not accept the prize for any reason, the potential winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries for the applicable drawing. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will attempt to contact up to two (2) potential winners of a prize in accordance with the above procedure, time permitting after which the prize in question may go unawarded if it remains unclaimed.
Once a potential winner has responded to the Direct Message notification, the potential winner may be sent additional verification paperwork via email, postal mail and/or express mail at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
4. PRIZES: One (1) Prize is available. One (1) potential winner will be randomly selected during the Sweepstakes Period for a total of one (1) potential Winner during the Promotion Period.
The Prize consists of one (1) room night for two (2) at the Carson Valley Inn on Thursday, May 2, 2013, two (2) tickets to “An Evening with Baxter Black” on May 2, 2013, and a fifty dollar certificate towards dinner to CV Steak or Kaites. Total ARV of all prizes is approximately $200. All details of Prizes will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Winner is not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason.
Odds of winning a prize in a given Sweepstakes Period depend on the total number of eligible entries received for that Sweepstakes Period.
By accepting the prize, Winner grants Sponsor and its designees permission to use their name, voice, likeness, photograph, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner's list (if applicable) and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes (including without limitation, posting such winner’s name on the @TravelNevada Twitter Page), worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant, on behalf of the entrant and entrant’s heirs, executors, and administrators, agrees: (a) to release and hold harmless each of the Sweepstakes Entities, Twitter and each of their respective officers, directors, and employees (collectively, “Released Parties”) from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, arising out of or related to such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of a prize or any portion thereof (including without limitation, any travel or activity related thereto); (b) that any Prizes are provided “as is” and Released Parties make no warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the use of any prize, including, without limitation, its quality, merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose; and (c) to be bound by these Official Rules and to waive any right to claim any ambiguity or error therein or in the Sweepstakes itself, and to be bound by all decisions of the Sponsor and Promotion Administrator, which are binding and final. Failure to comply with these conditions may result in disqualification from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. ADDITIONAL TERMS: Sponsor reserves the right to permanently disqualify from any promotion any person it believes has intentionally violated these Official Rules. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Sweepstakes or the operation thereof is unlawful and subject to legal action by Sponsor, who may seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any injury or damage to entrants’ or to any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from entering or downloading materials or software in connection with the Sweepstakes. Released Parties are not responsible for telecommunications, network, electronic, technical, or computer failures of any kind; for inaccurate transcription of Entry information; for errors in any promotional or marketing materials or in these Official Rules; for any human or electronic error; or for Entries that are stolen, misdirected, garbled, delayed, lost, late, damaged, or returned.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor’s control (including, without limitation, in the event of a change by Twitter to its policies and terms or any other unanticipated occurrence that is not fully addressed in these Official Rules) that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and award the prize for any affected drawing by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received for the affected drawing prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise award the prize/prizes for such affected drawing in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of such cancellation, modification, or suspension will be posted on the @TravelNevada Twitter Page. Sponsor may prohibit any entrant or potential entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes, if such entrant or potential entrant shows a disregard for these Official Rules; acts with an intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other entrant, Sponsor, or Sponsor’s agents or representatives; or behaves in any other disruptive manner (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). Sponsor reserves the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
7. WINNERS LIST: To receive the winners’ names, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by May 2, 2013, to: Travel Nevada Carson Valley Inn Twitter Sweepstakes Winner List, 401 North Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701
Sponsor: Nevada Commission on Tourism, 401 North Carson St., Carson City, NV 89701.
Promotion Administrator: Burson-Marsteller, 2425 Olympic Blvd – Suite 200E, Santa Monica, CA 90404.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by or associated with Twitter.