Events and Shows
Carson City Ghost Walk Tours 2013 Season
- May 25, 2013 - Oct 19, 2013
- Phone: 775-348-6279
Carson City’s rich and intriguing history is explored and theatrically relived in our seasonal Ghost Walking Tours. The Carson City Ghost Walk is a delightfully spooky and enjoyable way to experience Carson City’s Victorian Era and diverse past. Hear about lingering spirits of the past, haunted and paranormal stories. This is a spirit lead, guided walking tour of the downtown district’s historic homes. This is a 90-minute guided walking tour leaves rain or shine. Please arrive at least 10 minutes before the walk begins.
Some of the outside stops along the tour include:
- The Bliss Mansion – Built by Duane Bliss is a three story, 8,500 sq ft. mansion that was completed in 1879, built by millionaire Duane L. Bliss, to become his dream home. This 15 room Victorian was built in the Italianate style, and was the biggest and most elaborate home in Nevada at the time.
- The Brewery Arts Center - Built in 1874 by the Carson Brewing Company, which produced Tahoe Beer. The building has been transformed into an arts center.
- Ferris Mansion - Home of George Ferris, Jr., inventor of the Ferris Wheel for the Chicago World Columbian Exposition in 1893.
- Rinckel Mansion - Built by the fortune of Mathias Rinckel, a forward-looking meat magnate who struck it rich supplying Gold Rushers and Lake Tahoe lumbermen.
Tours depart from 3rd & Carson Street next to the St. Charles Hotel (Firkin & Fox Pub)
All tours leave @ 6:30 PM unless otherwise noted.
All tickets $15 in advance. $20 at the door. Under 4 Free. Tickets are available at the Carson City Convention and Visitors Center, 1900 South Carson St. or call (775) 687-7410 or 800-NEVADA-1, and online at: http://www.brownpapertickets.com