Alpine Meadows Ski ResortAdd to my Trip Planner
2600 Alpine Meadows Rd.
Truckee (Lake Tahoe) , 96145
Some mountains are known for their wild side, while others offer a milder experience that the whole family can enjoy. At Alpine Meadows Ski Resort, the best of both worlds combines across 2,400 skiable acres, promising a mountain experience that is just right for everyone. With its high annual snowfall, the resort boasts one of Tahoe's longest skiing and snowboarding seasons.
The mountain is known as one of the nation’s best, and routinely ranks as one of the nation’s top resorts by SKI Magazine. Idyllically situated in the stunning Tahoe National Forest, the mountain rises just above 1,800 feet to the top of Tahoe’s Sierra Crest from a base elevation of 6,835 feet. Thirteen lifts, including a high-speed detachable six-passenger chair serving the roughly 400 acres of groomed intermediate and expert off-trail terrain in the popular Sherwood Bowl area, two high-speed express quads, three triple and five double chairs and two surface lifts, one of which serves Kids’ Camp participants only, offer access to the mountain’s more than 100 designated runs. One-quarter of the runs are designated for beginners, 40% for intermediate skiers and boarders and 35% reserved for experts. Alpine Meadows also has a terrain park and superpipe. Ski and snowboard instruction is available for both children and adults. Special interest clinics, such as mogul, powder, telemark, high performance, freestyle, early season warm-up, men’s and women’s clinics are also offered. The resort features a ski and snowboard rental shop, repair shop, public lockers for day use, snowshoe rentals, full-service restaurant, bar and lounge, mountainside deli, and more.
Alpine Meadows Ski Resort is located six miles northwest of Tahoe City, 45 miles west of Reno and 200 miles east of San Francisco. Stay-and-ski packages are available at many Reno-Tahoe hotel resorts.
New for the 2013/14 winter season:
- Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley are investing $8 million in capital improvements for the 2013/14 winter season. The improvements are part of year three of the resorts' five-year, $70 million renaissance designed to improve all facets of the resort experience. Investments over the past two years totaled $38 million and brought new chairlifts, expanded kids' activities, new restaurants, redesigned terrain parks, and the world's first ski-in/ski-out Starbucks to the resorts.
- Alpine Meadows and Squaw Valley have purchased two new food trucks to serve up fresh, new dining options at the resorts this winter. Called Mtn Roots, the trucks offer an eclectic mix of regionally- and sustainably-sourced food. Menu options include quick bites as well as more substantial options for sit-down meals that can be enjoyed at nearby tables. Much of the menu has been created in partnership with the Tahoe Food Hub, a local nonprofit committed to increasing the availability of nutritious, ecologically-grown food.
- Alpine's mid-mountain lodge, The Chalet, is being transformed into a Bavarian-style beer garden for this winter season. The Chalet and the new Sierra Beer Garden will offer an array of leading California beers as well as tasty pressed sandwiches and sausage plates. The fully-renovated Chalet will be open for Christmas 2013.
- Alpine is offering a new kids team program. The snowboarding equivalent of Squaw's long-acclaimed Mighty Mites program, the new Mighty Riders program will offer young riders ages 7-13 the opportunity to develop skills and passion.
- To ensure excellent snow surface conditions regardless of Mother Nature's plans, investments have been made to the resort's snowmaking system and grooming fleet. Investments have also been made in new terrain park features, with a focus on expanding the resort's collection of jibs along with signature features.
Things To Do
Find Things to Do in nearby cities !
Nearby CitiesNorth Lake Tahoe
Packages & DealsMore