Travel Nevada Official Giveaway Rules
Official Silver State Ski Trip Giveaway Rules
NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: This Giveaway is open only to those who complete the entry form on the Travel Nevada website and who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. The Giveaway is open to residents of the United States and is void where prohibited by law. Employees of the Nevada Division of Tourism, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and suppliers (collectively the “Employees”), and immediate family members and/or those living in the same household of Employees are not eligible to participate in the Giveaway. The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agrees to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of the Nevada Division of Tourism as final and binding as it relates to the content of this Giveaway.
3. Campaign Period: Entries will be accepted online starting Monday, January 8, 2024, at 8:00 am PST, and ending Monday, January 22, 2024, at 11:59pm PST. All Giveaway entry forms must be received by Monday, January 22, 2024, at 11:59pm PST.
4. How to Enter: The Giveaway must be entered by submitting the online entry form provided on TravelNevada.com. A person may only enter once. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. The entry must fulfill all Giveaway requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win the prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of the Nevada Division of Tourism.
5. Giveaway Prize: The Winner of the Giveaway (the “Winner”) will receive the following: Four (non-peak) lift tickets to Diamond Peak Ski Resort in Incline Village; two-night stay at the Historic St. Charles Hotel in Carson City; $50 gift card to Carson Piazza Bar; dinner for two and two to-go crowlers at Great Basin Brewing; $500 gift card; and a Travel Nevada swag bag.
The four non-peak lift tickets to Diamond Peak Ski resort will be presented as four vouches and either mailed or emailed to the winner. Non-peak tickets are not valid Jan. 13-15, 2024, and Feb. 17-25, 2024. Diamond Peak’s anticipated closing date is April 14, 2024, conditions permitting. Vouchers cannot be rolled over to future seasons and hold no cash value.
The two-night stay at the Historic St. Charles Hotel is subject to room availability. Travel Nevada will provide the winner with the direct contact number of the hotel, and they can arrange their dates. Offer expires May 1, 2024.
The dinner for two plus two to-go crowler fills at Great Basin Brewing is a voucher that will be mailed to the winner. The offer is valid through May 1, 2024. No cash value, and only redeemable at the Reno, Sparks, and Carson City brewpub locations of Great Basin Brewing for service described. Dine in only.
The approximate total value of the Giveaway prize is $1,850 USD. Actual/appraised value may differ at time of prize award. The specifics of the prize shall be solely determined by the Nevada Division of Tourism. No cash or other prize substitution shall be permitted except at the Nevada Division of Tourism’s discretion. The prize is non-transferable. Any and all prize-related expenses, including without limitation any and all federal, state, and/or local taxes, shall be the sole responsibility of Winner. Transportation to, from, and within Nevada is not included as part of the Silver State Ski Trip Giveaway prize package. No substitution of prize or transfer/assignment of prize to others or request for the cash equivalent by Winner is permitted. Acceptance of prize constitutes permission for the Nevada Division of Tourism to use Winner’s name, likeness, and entry for purposes of advertising and trade without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
6. Odds: The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
7. Winner Selection and Notification: Winner will be selected by a random drawing under the supervision of the Nevada Division of Tourism. Winner will be notified by email within two (2) days following selection of Winner. The Nevada Division of Tourism shall have no liability for Winner’s failure to receive notices due to spam, junk e-mail, or other security settings or for Winner’s provision of incorrect or otherwise non-functioning contact information. If Winner cannot be contacted, is ineligible, fails to claim the prize within 5 days from the time award notification was sent, or fails to timely return a completed and executed declaration and release as required, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate Winner selected. Receipt by Winner of the prize offered in this Giveaway is conditioned upon compliance with any and all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Any violation of these official rules by Winner (at the Nevada Division of Tourism’s sole discretion) will result in Winner’s disqualification as winner of the Giveaway, and all privileges as Winner will be immediately terminated.
8. Terms & Conditions: The Nevada Division of Tourism reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Giveaway should virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, fraud, or other cause beyond the Nevada Division of Tourism’s control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, or proper conduct of the Giveaway. In such a case, the Nevada Division of Tourism may select the Winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by the Nevada Division of Tourism. The Nevada Division of Tourism reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers or attempts to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Giveaway or website or violates these Terms & Conditions. The Nevada Division of Tourism has the right, in its sole discretion, to maintain the integrity of the Giveaway, to void votes for any reason, including, but not limited to: multiple entries from the same user from different IP addresses; multiple entries from the same computer in excess of that allowed by Giveaway rules; or the use of bots, macros, scripts, or other technical means for entering. Any attempt by an entrant to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the Giveaway may be a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, the Nevada Division of Tourism reserves the right to seek damages to the fullest extent permitted by law.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless the Nevada Division of Tourism and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Giveaway and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Giveaway; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Giveaway or the processing of entries. This Giveaway is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Meta (Facebook/Instagram) and/or Twitter.
10. Disputes: This Giveaway is governed by the laws of the United States and Nevada, without respect to conflict of law doctrines. As a condition of participating in this Giveaway, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Giveaway, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Nevada having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Giveaway). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
12. Winners List: To obtain a copy of the Winner’s name or a copy of these Official Giveaway Rules, mail your request along with a stamped, self-addressed envelope to: The Nevada Division of Tourism, 200 S. Virginia St., Suite 500, Reno, NV 89501, USA. Requests must be received no later than January 27 , 2024, at 11:59pm PST.