If the word “culture” doesn’t immediately spring to mind when you think of Nevada, you’re in for the shock of your life. From the world’s largest Basque gathering to Shakespeare at Lake Tahoe to an entire month dedicated to the arts, the Silver State is Culture Central.
In Nevada, if it moves, we’ll race it. Cars? Yep. Camels? Oh, yeah. Ostriches and outhouses? Damn right. Formula One, balloon races, enduro bike races and marathons … you’re at the starting line for unusual competitions.
Mark your calendar
- Fears, Tears and Beers Mountain Bike Enduro Race | TBD
- Great Reno Balloon Race | Sep 6 - 8, 2024
- World Human Powered Speed Challenge | TBD
- Reno National Championship Air Races | TBD
- Silver State Classic Challenge | TBD
- International Camel & Ostrich Races | TBD
- World Championship Outhouse Races | TBD
Where the West Runs Wild
It’s wild out here, in the best of all possible ways. Through a variety of events, Nevada salutes its history from the earliest American Indians to the settlers who molded this place into the West we all know — and everyone in between. Explore the Silver State’s rich heritage with these events.
Food & Festivals
Where else can you find your inner pagan as you burn an effigy in the desert one night and then chow down on the world’s greatest pork ribs the next? Only in Nevada. We like to celebrate around here, and this lineup of food, music, and cultural festivals proves it.